VeroneseRegular price £34.95
Paolo Veronese (1528-1588) was one of the great Venetian artists of the Renaissance, whose works ranged from decorative fresco schemes and portraits to allegorical, biblical, and historical subjects, produced for an aristocratic international audience.
This catalogue accompanied an exhibition at the National Gallery, London in 2014, described by the Spectator as 'The exhibition of a lifetime'. Within this handsomely produced book, Xavier F. Salomon traces Veronese's career from its beginnings in Verona, where he developed an art shaped by the rediscovery of antiquity, to Venice, where he established a successful workshop. Generous illustrations, including numerous details, reveal the distinctive tactile qualities of Veronese's technique and the beauty of his palette.
- Author: Xavier F. Salomon, Curator of Southern Baroque paintings at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- Hardcover: 272 pages | 140 colour illustrations
- Date published: March 2014
- Language: English
- Delivery: Allow 1-2 weeks
- ISBN: 978-1857095531
- Product Dimensions: 29.8 x 26 x 2.5 cm