Christen Købke: Danish Master of LightRegular price $52.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
A beautiful book about the Danish artist, Christen Købke
This richly illustrated art exhibition catalogue, introduces Danish artist, Christen Købke. Købke (1810-1848) was a pre-eminent painter in his country and arguably one of the greatest talents of Denmark’s Golden Age. With the exception of one journey to Italy, he spent almost his entire life in and around the Citadel in Copenhagen.
His works include landscapes, portraits of many of his family and closest friends, and depictions of Danish national monuments. Now he is recognised internationally for his well-composed paintings and for his sense of the everyday life.
This well-written catalogue gives an account of Købke's life and highlights the most innovative aspects of his work and his fascination with painterly immediacy in the treatment of light and atmosphere. Christen Købke: Danish Master of Light accompanied an exhibition at the National Gallery, London and the National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburgh.
- Author: David Jackson, Head of the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies at Leeds University and Kasper Monrad, Chief Curator at the Statens Museum for Kunst in Copenhagen.
- Hardcover: 128 pages | 85 colour illustrations
- Date published: April 2010
- Language: English
- Delivery: Allow 1-2 weeks
- ISBN: 978-0300166637
- Product Dimensions: 27.9 x 23.5 x 1.9 cm