Bentu: Chinese Artists in a Time of Turbulence and TransformationRegular price $39.00
A fascinating survey devoted to contemporary Chinese art in France
Titled ‘Bentu’ – a term referencing the concept of motherland or ‘native land’ – the exhibition focuses on artists born in the early 1980s, an intense period of post-Mao avant-garde art that channelled Western ideas, from pop art to post-minimalism including Cao Fei, Hao Liang, Hu Xiangqian, Liu Chang, Liu Shiyuan, Liu Wei, Liu Xiaodong, Qiu Zhijie, Tao Hui, Xu Qu, Xu Zhen, and Yang Fudong.
Together their artworks, using a wide variety of techniques and media and drawn from local tradition and culture, highlight the current state of economy and ecology in China, as well as the transformation of the relationship between the city and the countryside.
- Author: Suzanne Pagé, Artistic Director at Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris
- Paperback: 180 pages | 100 colour illustrations
- Date published: April 2016
- Language: English
- Delivery: Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery
- ISBN: 978-0300222388
- Product Dimensions: 30.4 x 24.8