The Tale of Peter Rabbit (Hieroglyph Edition)Regular price $10.00
Test yourself with this translation of The Tale of Peter Rabbit in Egyptian Hieroglyphs.
Translated by Richard Parkinson, Assistant Keeper in the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan and John Nunn at the mighty @britishmuseum, the book follows the adventures of the mischievous young Peter (square, semi-circle, ellipse and rabbit image, since you ask) as he is chased about the garden of Mr McGregor. The translation was no easy task as Potter's landscape and wildlife would also have been unfamiliar to ancient Egyptians - who had no words for things like blackberry, gooseberry, blackcurrant and potato and many colloquial phrases don't readily fall into ancient Egyptian.
- Author: Beatrix Potter translated by Richard Parkinson, Assistant Keeper in the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan in the British Museum
- Hardcover: 76 pages | 34 colour images
- Date published: April 2005
- Language: Egyptian Hieroglyphs
- ISBN: 978-0714119694
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 10.5 cm